Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Strange new result when exporting bitmaps

Today I created a 128x128 square shape in DP7. But when I tried to create bitmap copy or export, the shape exported at a shape slightly larger—130x130, and I have a 1px white border all around it. The Image A-B on the Export screen shows 130x130, while the Bitmap Size tab shows the correct size of 128x128.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong here? Been a user for years, and I’ve never encountered this glitch before...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Bud

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Strange new result when exporting bitmaps

What format are you exporting as? and what do you have the dpi set at in the export dialogue? Can post a sample file that shows the problem? I can't seem to reproduce it here with DP7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks. Here's a screenshot showing the different dimensions. I've tried JPG and PNG formats with the same result.

-Bud

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DP7 Wonky Export.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	88002
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    What format are you exporting as? and what do you have the dpi set at in the export dialogue? Can post a sample file that shows the problem? I can't seem to reproduce it here with DP7

Is the image on your screen in exact pixel amounts?

If you image is say, 128.6px, Xara will expand the image to the next whole pixel amount and will anti-alias the area around the image, hence the white outline you are seeing.

This often happens if your ruler and units are set to something other than pixels, inches say.

Another possibility is the position of the image on the page. If the position of the image is not in even pixel amounts, the same thing can happen.

It will help if you show us a screen capture of the actual image size in pixels and the position on the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image info.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	88003  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

try clicking the palette options tab and then go back to the bitmap size tab and see if the dimensions match. And can you list the exact steps you did when the problem occurred? Another possibility that has just occurred to me, have you used XaReg to change the default resolution of bitmap copies? If you have use XaReg to change this, the new setting would become a program default, but that still doesn't explain the white outline you say you are getting. If you could post a .xar file that has the problem for my self and others to take a look at it may prove helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by lbud View Post
    Today I created a 128x128 square shape in DP7. But when I tried to create bitmap copy or export, the shape exported at a shape slightly larger—130x130, and I have a 1px white border all around it. The Image A-B on the Export screen shows 130x130, while the Bitmap Size tab shows the correct size of 128x128.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong here? Been a user for years, and I’ve never encountered this glitch before...

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Bud
    Make your image to be 126 x 126. Add the 1px white border. You should then be 128 x 128 px.

Take care, Mike

Gary, thanks. Here is a screenshot showing whole-numbered image dimensions and position.

I thought it would resolve favorably when I adjusted the page position, but the anomaly persists.

--BudClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DP7 Wonky Export2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	88005

Thanks, Frances.

I guess I've never attached a .xar file to a message before, because I just tried and the system wouldn't let me post anything but bitmaps. Is there a secret handshake I need to attach .xar files?

--Bud

Did you add a 2px outline to the image before you exported it. If the outline is white and the page is white, you won't see the outline and the size on the Infobar will show 128 x 128px.

I just exported a 128 x 128, 256 color PNG without and with a 1px white outline.

My no outline exports at precisely 128px and with the 1px white outline, it exports at 129px.

Maybe it would help if you can upload a XAR with just the problem object and let us see what we come up with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	88006  

The only restriction is size Bud. And I think a simple XAR file will be well within the 10MB limit.