Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text with MouseOver PopUp Text attributes

I am not sure what or if there is a solution to this but it would be nice if there were a fix in the next version of Xara.

With the selector tool you can select any text type (frame, artistic....) and assign MouseOver PopUp text.
    Using the text tool you can swipe all or a portion of the same text and assign MouseOver PopUp text to it as well.

This can be a real hassle when it comes to updating the MouseOver PopUp text, ie., the selector tool is used to select text and change its PopUp property but the website page displays a different MouseOver PopUp.

So if there is a way to prevent conflicting PopUps for the same text entity that would be great OR perhaps a flag of some sort.

Regards, John
    P.S. I am not denying that good housekeeping of our documents/illustrations is important, but we are human.

Default Re: Text with MouseOver PopUp Text attributes

John

I checked with Sledger and he says you can enter pop up text in the Website Properties > Mouse Over > Show Popup Text Title.

As you can see in the screen capture, I added the text as shown and it appear in preview as a pop up Tool Tip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popup text.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	87910  

I've attached a file which might help?

Also the same file as a live demo ► LINK
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, I realize all of the above. First assume, the text string assigned a mouse over popup is not given a different color or appearance.

If the mouse over popup was assigned to a text entity (ie., you select the entire entity with a single click of the selector tool) a mouse over popup can be assigned to the entity and text strings within that text entity can also be assigned a different mouse over popup by swiping characters with the text tool.

In another situation, if attempting to modify existing mouse over popups assigned to a text string and you don't swipe all of the correct characters (and spaces) you can have multiple mouse overs popups assigned accidentally. It can get messy and if a text object is copied and the problem can propagate.

You can always swipe the entire string of text with the text tool and unassigned the mouse over attribute and then reassign the mouse over popup attribute to the correct text string ... it is just extra steps to take to assure the mouse over popups are assigned to the desired text string.

Hi John,

First assume, the text string assigned a mouse over popup is not given a different color or appearance.
    I coloured the text to highlight where to expect the different MOPUT. It obviously doesn't need to be, but then why wouldn't you colour it or in some way mark where to expect something different within a body of text?

I personally don't see your points as a problem, maybe you just have to take care when swiping

Yup, take care swiping and remembering what was previously swiped. Design for the attached example required all text had to be a certain color regardless if it had popups or not. Space was limited so some text had to be small and brief, the popups aided in giving additional info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PopUp text.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	87916