Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Image map links

Default Image map links

I'm creating an image map (I know, how '90s of me). I worked out how to remove the blue colour from image map links - but it's still underlining my text.

Is there a way to stop it doing this? I don't want it to change the look at all - just be clickable.

Thanks.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Default Re: Image map links

Isn't the blue just when designing to show that there are clickable regions? Do the blue map regions show up once published?

Mike

They do yes.

If I turn that feature off, they appear my original black - but still with underlines.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I am uncertain what you are wanting to accomplish, actually. Got a screen capture?

Take care, Mike

Could be a browser setting Antony. Underline all links is a setting in IE. I think other browsers have a similar setting.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Linking text always forces it to underline, and it does suck that there's no option to remove it. But for an image map, because it's an image you could: use text that's not linked, group it to a shape/rectangle and then link the grouped object. The text won't underline. You can also make the shape almost fully transparent if you don't want it visible.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Web properties dialog / Website tab / Underline text links check box.
    John.

Web properties dialog / Website tab / Underline text links check box.
    Never noticed or forgot that option. It would be good if an option something like this was available on the link tab to control underline on individual links, so for example main content links could be underlined as normal but perhaps footer links just underline when hovered or not at all. Anyway that's another problem/topic I guess.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.