Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Is Photo & Graphic Designer 7 Good for Designing Web Graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will continue to work correctly for you Keith.
    Everything is still working fine. Thanks for all the help. Really, thanks; I needed it. I am enjoying the program now.

I do have one question though. I downloaded and installed the free handwriting fonts that came with it. There were two folders in the download: Open Type and True Type. I installed both folders; however, they seem to have the same titles for the fonts. Now, when I look in my installed fonts, it seems to show two of each of the handwriting fonts. Is there a difference between them? Was I supposed to only install one of the two?

Thanks again for the help. I am really enjoying the program. I started playing around on it.

Thanks,
    Keith

Yeah, install one or the other, probably a general preference towards the true type version as for which to keep. Uninstall the type 1 version.

Take care, Mike

Hi KeithH,

It's important that you have only one format for a given font active at any time. As Mike says, choose one format and uninstall or deactivate the other. These days, opentype or truetype is probably preferable to type1.

There's no problem mixing formats in a project (Font A opentype, Font B type1, Font C truetype), but having more than one format active for a given font causes trouble.

Allison

Thanks everyone for the help. But how do I uninstall the font? I selected all the ones for the True Type, and I only saw an Install choice; I did not see an uninstall

Thanks,
    Keith

Hi Keith

Simply delete the unwanted font files from your Fonts folder - which is typically c:\windows\fonts - or perhaps move them (which has the effect of deactivating them) to a reserve folder in case you might want to use that font at some point in the future... (which you would achieve by moving, or copying, the relevant font files back into your Fonts folder)

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonH27 View Post
    Hi Keith

Simply delete the unwanted font files from your Fonts folder - which is typically c:\windows\fonts - or perhaps move them (which has the effect of deactivating them) to a reserve folder in case you might want to use that font at some point in the future... (which you would achieve by moving, or copying, the relevant font files back into your Fonts folder)

Jon
    Thanks for the help.

--Keith