Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Is Photo & Graphic Designer 7 Good for Designing Web Graphics?

I have the trial version of Photo and Graphic Designer 7; is it good for designing web graphics? I have a different web builder; so I was going to make graphics in this product and then bring them into the web builder.

Thanks
    -Keith

Default Re: Is Photo & Graphic Designer 7 Good for Designing Web Graphics?

Yes, perfect.

What are your concerns?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Keith, Welcome to Talkgraphics.

If you have any specific how to questions there are many of us here who would be glad to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Keith

You might also discover that creating your graphics and then creating and publishing your site, all in the same program, is the way to go. It is so much easier to create your graphics, right on the page, and place them anywhere you want with your text, photos, anything else, and then publish to your web host. Without having to jump from one application to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics Keith

You might also discover that creating your graphics and then creating and publishing your site, all in the same program, is the way to go. It is so much easier to create your graphics, right on the page, and place them anywhere you want with your text, photos, anything else, and then publish to your web host. Without having to jump from one application to the next.
    You are absolutely right; it would be much easier to design the graphics in the web builder program itself. But I cannot afford the Designer Pro 7. I have a different company's web builder. I was thinking of purchasing the Photo and Graphic Designer 7 for making the graphics.

I have looked at the trial for the Web Designer 7 Premium; I like the first impression of it, but it does not have carousels or Jquery items built in to it. I do not know how to code, so I think it would be to hard for me to add those items myself (My other web builder has those items built in, but Xara has better graphics capability. I think it would be easier for me to make the graphics in another program and bring them into my web builder than it would be to make the gaphics in a Xara Web builder and then custom code the carousel and Jquery).

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes, perfect.

What are your concerns?
    I would like to make really nice web gaphics (I have to learn ). I would like to do 3D shapes and text, shadowing, some picture editing. I also need to make many charts that have graphical pictures in them (I would have to draw them).

Thanks for the help.

I too use a different program for creating my web sites. Xara is always my first choice for creating graphics (but Photoshop for preparing photos). Go to the Xara Xone and look at the tutorials. If you are still not sure you can download Graphics Designer free for a trial and see how you get on.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon View Post
    I too use a different program for creating my web sites. Xara is always my first choice for creating graphics (but Photoshop for preparing photos). Go to the Xara Xone and look at the tutorials. If you are still not sure you can download Graphics Designer free for a trial and see how you get on.
    Thanks for the help. I downloaded the trial and have played with it some. I will take a look at the tutorials over the next few days.

Once again. Thanks.

Keith

Is there a PDF manual for the Photo and Graphic Designer 7? This would help me.

Thanks,
    Keith

Last edited by handrawn; 06 March 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: administrative
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...