Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Membership Payment Site Help

Hi!

I have thoughts about starting up an internet business. I would like to create a membership site around my interest. The problem is that i'm not so good at the technical parts and wondering how much time it requires to learn the programming languages to setup a website where I can accept monthly payments for members. The content is not a problem, but I don't really know where to start. I would like to create something similar to brainvale.com, sixpackshortcuts.com or universityofmakeup.com. But I would not want one time payment, a monthly subscription.

Could anyone give some advice how I can start? or does it cost much to hire a professional programmer to setup a site similar to these membership sites above?

Regards, May Reich

Default Re: Membership Payment Site Help

Welcome to TalkGraphics

If you are only expecting modest sales, PayPal might be your best bet. They are really set up for small businesses and many larger businesses use them as well.

You can create shopping carts, visitors can use existing PayPal accounts or opt to use their major credit cards.

There is no merchant fee and you only pay when you make a sale.

PayPal is not the most flexible solution but check it out. It if works for you that's great.

I use PayPal primarily for invoices and it is very efficient and worth the 3% fee they charge to process the transaction.

I'm in agreement with Gary, paypal would be able to take re-curring payments as a subscription service.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

there are many free ecommerce script that you can use: such as magento, prestashop et several others..

Paypal also has various scripts, including Paypal generated User/Pass combinations per subscription.
    Of course, nothing really beats a customised site builder used in connection with Xara Website tools.
    You of course, could simply create different sites for different users, although control is a bit tricky.

A bit late on this I guess, but I would use Joomla and purchase a module that deals with the subscription management side of things, there are few about that can be set up with plenty of merchants like Paypal. Joomla has great scope to restrict access to areas depending on the subscription packages you set up.

MayReich,If you are only expecting modest sales, PayPal might be your best