Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Design An Advertisement With Xara!

Mr. Diamond will not like this ad, but unless things have changed in the forty years since I had a retail ad agency, this one will sell out these three items. You will have to convince him that the logo is less important than the bargains. Tell him that he has only a second or two to catch the reader's eye, and the reader might be in the market for a T-shirt, but he isn't interested in Mr. Diamond's store or logo ...UNTIL, she wants that T-shirt. then she'll look at his logo. He doesn't need the state/province, maybe not even the city, because the customer won't travel to another town for these bargains. Also tell him that the pretty ad that he would prefer, won't sell as much as this 'junky' ad. A little more copy on each item would help too.
    I wish I'd had Xara back in my day. So much easier than cutting and pasting; and before that, linotype and hot metal cuts.
    Bev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diamond ad.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	87942  

Excellent points Dogman.

Now that RW experience talking. Excellent advice Bev.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Well done and well said Bev! I remember my husband saying that if anyone in the back shop accidentally nicked themselves with an Xacto knife there would be a chorus of "Don't bleed on the flats!"

However: Mr Diamond gave specific lines of text that he wanted in the Ad that you left out. Part of this exercise is to fit all the text he wants into the space he wants to pay for. Clients will often be very sticky about what they want and if you want Mr Diamond's business in the future you have to please him.

Ok I said I was going to throw in a twist so here it is:

Mr Diamond has contacted you in a panic! His shipment of sunglasses arrived damaged and he had to send it back He doesn't want to advertise merchandise he will not have. So you need to pull the sunglasses special and replace it with the following: XtraGood brand 4 slice toaster 39.99 Cool touch exterior white w/chome design. And he wants plus tax added to all prices. He is sorry he forgot to tell you that earlier. (and yes Mike, he is willing to pay you whatever you want to charge for these changes! )
    However the newspaper's deadline is looming! They need the ad ASAP so they can put this week's issue to bed! To simulate a deadline here what I'm going to have you do is to prepare another proof with the specified changes and time yourself while doing it. post your final proof along with your time to complete the changes and lets see how fast Xara really is!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

well, let an amateur have a try too, here it is.
    ( I made mine look a bit like a coupon, we know how
    people like coupons )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	advert 5 diamonds.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	87956  
    Last edited by ankhor; 09 March 2012 at 05:25 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.