Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple Button With MouseOver

I have looked at all of the subjects and tutorials and movies covering this subject,
    yet I still can not get it to work.
    I have a 2 buttons both have same text but one has an arrow > to show when the
    mouse goes over it.

Is there any one out there that can explain how to do that in xara Designer Premium 7.

Also is there any one that can act as a tutor, or does paid support to help a newbe.

Craig

Default Re: Simple Button With MouseOver

ok put the button without the arrow on the mouseoff layer then turn it into a group (ARRANGE-GROUP)-
    next put the button with the arrow onto the mouseover layer and turn it into a group(ARRANGE - GROUP) .
    ok make sure both layers are visible - the red eye symbol on the layers panel toggles between visible and invisible - .
    next with the selector tool (top tool Arrow symbol) drag a box around both buttons
    then click menu item at top ARRANGE - ALIGNMENT then align centre horizontal and vertical so 1 button goes over the top of the other - . then with them both still selected select ARRANGE - APPLY SOFT GROUP

now when you preview it you should have a working button - there maybe another way to do it but this is the way i do it

Cheerz

Craig - Have a look at this http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook90/

hi Craig.
    looks like trukkerz put it well, and sorry on mobile device so will be short on answer..

this may also help.

do a search on YouTube for xara rollover

cheers Carl

oh forgot to say if you only have the 1 button it may not hilight unless you click on the finished button then click link (the chain symbol at top) and put # in where it says link to web or email address :-)

Thanks everyone,

Trukkerz's post was the solution, the workbook90 video has something similiar, but could not follow it as easy.

Thanks again

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CCH View Post
    Thanks everyone,

Trukkerz's post was the solution, the workbook90 video has something similiar, but could not follow it as easy.

Thanks again

Craig
    No problem - glad you sorted it :-)