Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Layer Gallery object names

Sorry dudes, a rant first: the search capabilities of this site do NOT work. I get 2300+ records returned no matter what terms I'm searching for; all of which are unrelated to my query.. Already posted this issue in the correct forum to get fixed but no response yet.

So I'm sure these have been asked before but since the search on this site is useless here goes some duplication:
    NOTES: Currently using Photo & Graphic Designer 6 and I'm used to Photoshop CS5. I'm coming from a website design perspective on the below questions. I used to do all my designs in Photoshop but I've had enough with raster based image editing and its inflexibilities and am trying to fully move the majority of my work over to vector based imaging.

1) How do you rename objects in the Layer Gallery? I can name the layer, but I don't see any option to name the objects. I know there is a "names" feature which I still don't get after seeing the info in the help system but that's not what I'm talking about. I'd like to control the name of objects as they appear in the layer gallery like I do in Photoshop. Sure, xara can auto-name groups, contours, shadows and whatever else it wants but I want to name the primary objects myself. "Ellipse" and "Shape" mean nothing to me. Any way to do this?

2) What keyboard + mouse click operation allows me to click an object in the viewport and have it automatically scrolled to and selected in the Layer Gallery? In photoshop I use ctrl + left click.

3) Why can't I create a layer beneath another layer?
    Last edited by degree451; 01 March 2012 at 06:29 PM.