Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text doesn't shrink same as surrounding images in Chrome... IE ok

gbiipastors.net

win7 os Using WD9prem

everything works well in IE.
    But when I'm in Chrome and shrink the page some of the text doesn't shrink as much.

Is it 'cuz I use ARIAL along with ital or bold sometimes?

keep it simple... I'm a shakey 73.

gramps Curtis

Default Re: Text doesn't shrink same as surrounding images in Chrome... IE ok

Gramps Curtis, the situation may arise when you group your text with an image - the result is an image, which is fixed.
    You typically can find these in a browser if you click and drag across the text, it will not highlight.

I don't understand what you mean by "shrinking the page" in Chrome. If you are changing your Xara Design page you get the changes presented in all common, current browsers. Perhaps your published changes require a browser refresh (Ctrl-F5). Xara is a WYSIWYG tool for position and fonts; as your is Arial, there should be not issue in using it and its variants.

Acorn

Acorn thanks for getting back.
    I had included the url hoping someone would pull it up in CHROME and SHRINK the page using ctrl-mousewheel. The images all reduce just fine, but the text does not. It has nothing to do with highlighting text.

In IE all works fine.

If you still don't understand, I'll send you a screen capture. But first, go to the url and try it.

gramps

gramps, I did visit your site but needed to understand your statements as best as I could.
    Xara treats text blocks as a collection of lines wrapped in SPAN tags. Each tag has a fixed absolute position and the text has to fit the width of the line.

The Chrome browser is based on WebKit. There are some webkit internal font setting options for font family, font size, etc.
    The minimum_font_size and minimum_logical_font_size prevent Chrome using very small font sizes for display.
    I imagine this is the resulting mess at lower scalings.

You can reduce the effect a little by adding a Name of HTMLBlockText to the text block, making the wrapping go over an entire DIV tag and not just a collection of SPAN tags.
    Search this site for "HTMLBlockText" if unsure how to apply.

Acorn