Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Shocking site

Default Re: A Shocking site

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    The one you won't [thankfully] see if yaoti.org does not have scripting pemission in your browser
    so true
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thumbs up here also! like you and most of the others the man is ermmmmm well nuff said but as its all a bit fluid at the mo be good to see it go, like the slideshow - is that one of the widgets in WD7? - like the bold colours, kinda draws you in.

Nice job

Ray

Maybe if I paint a target on the man we can turn it into a game. Thank you for the comments, the slideshow is done using snacktools.com and the best thing is that even though it is flash when I update it (once I finish the site) it will be viewable on iphones etc because snacktools sets up a script which auto detects mobile browsers and replaces the flash with html5 so that the slideshow is still viewable.

thanks for that i will have a wander over and have a look and see what they have to offer, not knocking the xara ones but they seem a tad smoother in operation.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    The one you won't [thankfully] see if yaoti.org does not have scripting pemission in your browser

LOL, no I saw the man, but he wasn't talking because I didn't click the play button - my point

I think this is a very professional looking site, especially the overall 'theme' of the rounded text boxes, slideshow, pictures and even the navigation panel. The 'more' buttons are more than adequate imho and obvious to any site visitor. I agree with the others about the 'web-out wannabe' man, just glad we dont have to race to find the 'off' button before it starts. A jolly good job sir.

Thank you Andy, some very appreciated comments there.

Re: "A Shocking site" - I got the pun
    You Aussies are very quick on the uptake.

I did not get to the talking person, but personally, I will leave a site soooo fast if some uninvited video starts blasting a message (and the volume is usually set to max which doubles my irritation). I prefer the option to watch a video if there is something a video needs to tell me about.

All in all I like the site. I like the slide show, it creates some visual interest and gives the site, which is well designed, a professional touch.

I'm not much of a judge of webbery but I can recognize bad use of English:

Your title says: Bradford’s Leading Family
    Run Electricians and
    Electrical Contractors

I read this as SAS(?) being Bradford's leading family followed by the command to RUN. I know what is meant but that is definitely not what I read. Even adding the required hyphen doesn't solve the problem completely as I think this family runs the COMPANY not the electricians and contractors.
    The site designers may needsa proofreader or editor.

DaveC OK!?

Dude read my original post, this is an uncompleted site, of course there are bound to be mistakes, I am the designer and just to put your worries at rest I will be checking the site before it is finished, or maybe you can do it for me, I'll post you a voucher for a pint of good cool canadian beer? for your troubles. Having said that I don't see any punctuation so I will assume that 'Bradford's leading family run electricians and contractors' is perfectly fine.