Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default break shapes is always disabled

Hey guys, I'm trying to follow this tutorial: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...3/features.htm
    but I'm stuck at the part where it wants me to break my shape apart. That menu option is disabled no matter what I've tried. I've tried clicking the "convert to editable shapes" button but 'break shapes" is still disabled. I also tried creating a simple rectangle and circle but again this option is disabled for those objects too. What procedures do I need to follow to get this menu option to enable?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	break shapes disabled1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	87692

Default Re: break shapes is always disabled

Break shapes splits a single object that is made up of more than one piece into the separate shapes. From the appearance of the blobs around your object (there are the 8 selection bounds blobs and also 4 smaller blobs at the corners, a normal shape would not have these last 4 and would have a single small blob somewhere on the shape outline).

What does the status line at the bottom of the window say when you have the object selected?

Gerry

Hi Degree451,

I think you may have misinterpreted a step, rather than Convert to Editable Shape it would be Convert Line to Shape. Before the Splodge brush can be broken apart it must be converted to a shape.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Strange, I responded to this thread but the post isn't showing up. Anyway Gerry pushed me in the right direction. The object I had selected was grouped and that's why the break shapes option was disabled. I just ungrouped the object and then I was able to edit it the way I wanted.