Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default reverse colors on a fill gradient

I've got an object that I've filled with a circular fill/gradient. Is there a button that allows me to swap the start color and end colors in one click? If this was a linear gradient I could just position the start and end points to reverse it but since its circular I must swap the start and end to retain the circular effect.

Default Re: reverse colors on a fill gradient

Hi Degree451, welcome to TalkGraphics.

I am not aware of a single click method of swapping the start and end colors of a circular fill.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Probably the easiest way is to open the Color Editor with the object selected and choose the 'Local Start' or 'Local End' color.
    ~Fred

There isn't any such button at the moment but I can see that a button in the fill tool that reverses all the colours used in the fill (so it would work with multistage fills as well as just swapping the start and end) could be very handy at times.

Good suggestion and it should be reasonably straight-forward to implement without causing issues elsewhere in the program (though I can't say when, or even if, it will actually be implemented).

Gerry
    Last edited by GerryI; 29 February 2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spellung

I don't know why but I have always wanted the interactive linear fill tool to start from the base color and drag to white. This would be a nice work around ... unless the default could be set via a registry entry

Ok, thanks peeps. I'll have to do it the hard way ;(

Yes, I seem to recall several people saying they would find this more useful over the years. It would also have the side effect of the white endpoint being selected at the end of the drag which would allow you to change the end colour more easily. The same could also be done for circular fills (hold shift down when dragging) though the center point being white allows you to draw very quick sphere-type highlights so it may be less useful.

Gerry