Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cursor alignment issue in textbox

Hello,

I'm trying to put text onto a sign I need to make for an office. Recently, I've noticed that when I create a textbox, the cursor is not flush with the upper left corner like it's supposed to be. Basically, when I type in the textbox, my text doesn't line up and it's making it difficult to get things the way I want them (see attachment). I'm using XDP 7 (ver. 7.1.2.18680. How in the world do I fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cursor_issue.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	87659  
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Cursor alignment issue in textbox

As you say it should be in the top left hand corner. I've no idea why its not but try showing your rulers and see if there is a tab set that the cursor is jumping too. If its happening every time there may be a problem with your default page, so you could try creating a new default page from scratch, re-setting all your preferences. I can't actually reproduce the problem but thats the only suggestion that springs to mind.
    Derek

Thank you Mr Masque. I did as you said and found a first-line indent tab sitting in the middle of the ruler. I have no idea how it got there, but I got rid of it and now my cursor lines up again. Thanks again! ^_^
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Try on the top menu bar and hit Centre Justify & then hit Left Justify and see if it goes where it belongs!
    Design is thinking made visual.