Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Perth Website Designs

Hi. I am a bit trepidous about posting my own site here, but as I am so keen to learn I am also open to suggestions and criticisms that will help me with improving my site. I noticed that about 85% of all web designers' sites in Australia are in shades of blue, grey and white and all look very similar. I did not want my site to be too business-like. I wanted it to be friendly, not too busy, and certainly not crammed with too much information. Most of all I wanted it to be simple and clean. For the most part my clients have liked my site, but one man said it was twee and he didnt like it at all ('bloody awful site ya got there love")....but he still got me to make his site. Haha! I have tried to make it iphone and ipad friendly and all pictures are touchable/linkable. I have more sites to load onto a portfolio page, although perhaps someone can help with an opinion on this. Should I just put up the sites that I think work the best and rank the best or should I put up all my sites. Some of the sites I have made I do not like, but other people have liked them, but I have not put these sites on my portfolio. Some of the sites that are on the portfolio I do not like at all and would love to rework them but the owners like them as they are. Anyway, here tis.

www.perthwebsitedesigns.com.au

Thanks in anticipation of some helpful advice. Cheers, Abi
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Default Re: Perth Website Designs

If I did not enjoy designing my own websites so much, I'd hire you Abi. Your site is perfect. Not too much and not too little. The information and samples are easy to find and a treat for the eye.

As for the person who did not like the site, I can just imagine how his home is furnished. Know what I mean?

What he said.... I like it very much.

Awww! Please don’t hate me! I’m only doing my job....
    My favourite site is LILY & THE DREAM DOGS - i may have to do a site called Frank and the Dream Dogs cos it was like reading about my love affair with dogs

overall i like the site although not sure about the "NEST HATCHED TWIGS? CONTACT " metaphor which I had to do a double double take to understand, especially Twig, one of the best books on web design I read was "Dont make me think" , youll find it on amazon, very very good book

it's simple, clean, easy to navigate, got good examples of your work, you don't need any more, that's more than ample for people to see you do what you say you do
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Nice work!

I'm not so sure you should tell the world what individuals have paid for their websites though. I think I'd not be too pleased about that.

Thank you for your critique everyone. I appreciate it. Paul I put the prices on at the suggestion of two of my clients because they said prospective clients want to see what they were getting for their money. My subsequent clients have said they chose me because they could see roughly how much they were going to have to fork out for their website. They said they liked the transparency of having the prices up. None of my clients are bothered by having the price displayed in the portfolio, and they know when they contract me that this will be done if I put their website on the portfolio. I was thinking of just putting 'the following sites range in price from $500 to $1200." I know when I was looking for a website designer for my wine tour company that I did not contact anybody who asked me to email or phone for a quote. I wanted to know pretty much what I was up for before I contacted someone. In the end anyway I made the site myself because the cheapest quote I got 4 years ago was just over $3000. Websites in Australia are pretty pricey, as the Aussies on this forum can probably atest to. Atest? Is that a word....

Anyway everyone, thanks for the tips and advice. Cheers, Abi
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    Atest? Is that a word....
    it is if you add a second t
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.