Hello, Talkgraphic!!!

I was wondering if any designers on here have come across a client that needs a long name logo design. The Challenge I have is that they chose a business name as a acronyme that has a stong meaning else where then the business they actually do. For example, a client chooses POKER as a business name, all the letters of the words would be a service they offer, but their business has nothing to do with Poker or card playing. POKER could stand for something like

Promoting, Organising, Kiosk, Events & Recreation. A fictional company in this case that sells a service in Helping companies restructure or restore clientele. You obviously do not want to go around and say my company name is Promoting, Organising, Kiosks.... but going around saying, Poker restructuring firm or something along those lines.

IBM, HP, NHL does this, but doesn't really have much meaning else where, so I could see why it would work.

I have this challenge or assignment by a different company, a friend of mine, with a different business concept, but sort of the same idea, POKER is a real game that is very popular, and if you saw poker on a brochure or a card, you would not associate it to a business outside of the game of poker.

I am absolutely stumped for ideas at the present moment.

Problem is they have registered the business under this name, have done so without really thinking about it, and now seeking a solution.

Any ideas or help would be great, Thank you in advance.

Marcel.