Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Announcing a Death

I'll spare you the details, but my client just passed away and I would like to place an announcement on their website. I'd like it to load in an area (250px height by 400px width) over the splash page (index.html) with the site dimmed behind it. I'd also like it to be a one-time load so it doesn't re-open after the initial page visit.

Is there an ingenious way to handle this without a lot of page renaming/hand-coding?

Default Re: Announcing a Death

The one time load thing would require a cookie set on the visitors PC. WD cannot do that
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    The one time load thing would require a cookie set on the visitors PC. WD cannot do that
    I found this article regarding the one-time visit cookie. So, if I can place the code for a jQuery plug-in script into a placeholder, any idea how to dim out the splash page in the background?

For the dimming you could have a semi-transparent rectangle on a layer above the splash page. This explains better than I could about the on-load

Can't help any with the jQuery stuff, though I'm sure someone can if still needed :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64