Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I create one document that has multiple PDF pages after export?

Currently I have 30 .xar files that I have to export one by one to PDF, then I have to use a terrible PDF stitcher that cost me $30. Is there a way in either version 6 or 7 that enables you to create a single .xar document but actually have multiple pages within it?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: How can I create one document that has multiple PDF pages after export?

I'm using Designer Pro but the process should be the same: Create a single document with multiple pages in Xara this will be a bit of work as you will need to paste your 30 .xar files each onto a separate page but once you have your multiple page document set up you should be able to export as pdf from xara and it should produce a single multiple page pdf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: How can I create one document that has multiple PDF pages after export?

How do you create multipe pages in Xara? Where is that setting in the Page setup dialog?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Xara usually opens a new single page document by default, you need to open the page and layer gallery on the right side and at the top of the gallery you will have options to add new or duplicate pages or if you have it expanded to show layers you will have layer options. just keep adding pages until you have enough or add them as you need them here is a screen shot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p&l_gallery.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	87512
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I would do what Frances states in both of her replies, I would however state that if the documents have many bitmaps and I mean many then you may have a problem with your export with 30 pages. If you have these problems on export why not have a try with some of the free DTP packages.

The one that I use which has a great import PDF filter is Serif's PagePlus but I can't be sure that the free copy imports PDF: http://www.serif.com/desktop-publishing-software/ You can also buy the full new version for £61.26
    The other is Open Office and I know it has an extension that allows the import of PDF's but I don't use this programme so I can't make any remarks about the resultant PDF's. http://www.openoffice.org/
    Design is thinking made visual.

I do page layouts and PDF exports for multipage publications with Xara all the time. And as Albacore mentions above (and the OP post) often I am working with pages rich in page framing art, maps, illustrations and charts, in addition to two column text layouts - and I sometimes create documents up to 60 pages in length. When I try to export the entire thing to PDF, often I run out of memory before completion. So I look at the layout in sets of 10 pages, more or less, depending on how much art is taking that space. If lots of art I export as 10 page chunks.

Of course I don't have your problematic PDF stitcher, as I have Acrobat Pro, which allows me to stitch the 10 page chunks into a final document, easily.

Sometimes, I am creating content that has to be exported to PDF/X1a for the purpose of being printed by a commercial printer, so PDF documents require 300 dpi art and printer marks - which eats up tons of memory in it's creation. Sometimes I am forced to export 5 page chunks to accomodate the intensive memory requirements to export PDF with art and printer requirements - sometimes creating final PDFs measuring at 500+ MB in size.

The process of doing it is as Angelize has posted. But know that I do this all the time for commercial published documents all the time.