Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing the background color

So.. I have a dark blue background, I wanted it to be white.

(Have PSP x4)
    Click on the Flood fill tool.. (forground / background both white) Click on blue.. Nothing! Nada! Click on the Color Change tool.. (forground / background both white) Click on blue.. Everything turns Gray.. What??? (double checked, making sure both foreground/background was white. It was.)

Click on the Background Eraser tool.. (Size 76, Hardness (tried 30 & 100), Density 100, thickness 100, Opacity 100, tolerance (wont let me change stuck at 20), Sharpness 70, sampling Once, Limits Contiguous) Click on blue.. Then click and erase, erase , erase, erase, erase, it would remove some, but not all.. It left some dirty with blue specks, and other areas it seemed like it would not erase at all..

Sigh..
    Reset the picture back to original..

Click on the Flood fill tool.. (forground / background both white) Click on blue.. All turns white.. Wah, La..

Now to my way of thinking all should have worked.. And it makes no sense that the Flood fill didn't work, then did. So what is going on here?
    IP

Default Re: changing the background color

what method were you using to select the areas to be filled?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Default Re: changing the background color

To use the Color Changer you need to first sample the color you want to change by holding the Ctrl key and clicking ONCE only on the blue.
    Don't click on anything else.
    Then change the Foreground color in the Materials Palette to White and click in the same place again.

Have you tried adjusting the Tolerance and Edge Softness in the Color Changer tool?
    Try it with different settings, starting with 0 in both.

You could use the Magic Wand to select the blue and then fill the selection with white.
    Tolerance at 20 (the default setting) should work ok.

Grenou
    IP