Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Page issues When i preview site

I am currently having issues figuring xara out. Its my first website and im basically stuck at this point. I'm having two issues the first is when im in the design page of my website all my pictures header nav bar are there. Well when i preview the website everything is gone except on expanded picture. Any ideas? Second issue is similar when im making changes to my site i have 57 pages.I haver text in a few of these pages and when i view the pages the text doesnt transfer to the view. The background is all there and everything else except the text. Any ideas. This is xara 6 to btw. Thanks for any help

Default Re: Page issues When i preview site

are you sure the text is on the mouseoff layer ??

57 pages your 1st website - start small and grow eh ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    are you sure the text is on the mouseoff layer ??

57 pages your 1st website - start small and grow eh ? lol

Well im doing it for work. And we have alot of products. I volunteered as i wanted to learn.
    I went into double check and in the page and designs mouseover was not checked or didnt give me a option to do so.

I'm sure one of the gurus will be along soon, but have you checked that the missing text etc is on the correct layer? all "visible" objects text etc should be on the "MouseOff" layer if not it won't show when you preview the pages.

Check in the "page and layer" gallery and click on the arrow to show your layers - you should have an "arrow" on the MouseOff layer - its something i have done many times trust me till the guys here put me right.

You can also check by clicking on the text box in design mode and look down to the bottom left and it should tell you where the object is i.e 1 text cursor (xx characters, xx word) on layer MouseOff: if it says otherwise your text box/object needs to be brought forward.

(i think that info applys to v6)

Edit - i see someone just beat me to it - when you create a page "MouseOff" is the default option

Hope that helps

ray

Mouseover is checked on the pages. And all my text is brought to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutecc View Post
    Mouseover is checked on the pages. And all my text is brought to the front.
    Do you mean MouseOff is checked on all pages? if its MouseOver it wont work.

yes mouse off is checked on all the pages im working on..

Those were the easy fix's - one of the mods weill be along soon i'm sure, they may ask you to upload one of the offending pages so they can have a quick look and see whats going on

Ray

Thank you

Hi Absolutecc

To check which layer an object is on select it and look at the bottom of your window. You will see a line reporting the type of object selected and the layer that it is on.

The MouseOff layer is the static layer and most design elements will normally be put there. The MouseOver layer is used for hover effects and other layers can be triggered to appear with either a click or hover.