Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a shortcut for the Paypal widget?

I'm rebuilding my 40+ page company website using WD7 Premium. It was originally written with Frontpage2002 so this is a huge step forward for me.
    I have a lot of Paypal add to cart buttons to insert on many of the new pages.
    The default procedure requires me to log into Paypal each time I want to insert one button, then the window closes as the widget is placed into the page I'm building.
    Is there a way to keep the Paypal Saved Buttons webpage open and insert many buttons quickly, rather than the one-at-a-time method?

Default Re: Is there a shortcut for the Paypal widget?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have not used the PayPal buttons for a while but when I did I did not use the widgets (it was before the widget feature). I created the buttons on the PayPal site, created the code, pasted the code, then edited the information, generated new code, pasted the code etc. So in other words, I kept the browser open to the PayPal site until I had created all of the buttons.

Would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics
    Thanks.

I'm not sure how to paste the code into my WD7 pages without the widget option.
    Can you outline the procedure for inserting HTML placeholders such as Paypal buttons without resorting to "widgets"?

There is a tutorial here (post #8) it's old but I think the info is still valid.

Thanks Drwyd.
    I had done a search of Paypal in this forum before starting my topic but didn't find that thread.

So I tried adding an HTML placeholder using the web properties dialog box. First I created a rectangle and then applied the placeholder to it. I see nothing on the page, but I didn't preview the webpage.
    What did I miss?
    When I use the widget the paypal link shows exactly as it does on my current website.
    Last edited by RacerChris; 23 February 2012 at 08:50 PM.

I just tried something else after reading a bit in the help section.
    Instead of using the web properties dialog, I selected the rectangle I created, then pasted my code to replace the selected object.
    That gave me an image of my add to cart button.
    I'll work with this and see how quickly I can fill the page with the buttons I have stored in Paypal.

After the code is entered into the body section you can check the re-generate box to get the editor to show the result prior to preview.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paypalph.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	87482