Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Index background disappeared after upgrading from WD6 to WD7 Premium

I recently upgraded from WD6 to WD7 Premium and made a change to my web page and found just the index background is not showing up on my website. I also get the same thing when testing the web page within WD7 "Export and preview website" "Export and preview webpage" . The background is consistence throughout my web design, I have seven pages, but for some reason only the index page background is not showing up on the website. The background is present in my design but does not show up within designer when testing via "Export and preview website" "Export and preview webpage" or on my website after publishing. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this.

md

Default Re: Index background disappeared after upgrading from WD6 to WD7 Premium

Hi MD, could you upload a .web/.xar file for us to examine. Only index and one other page needed.

Default Re: Index background disappeared after upgrading from WD6 to WD7 Premium

Ok, I uploaded my .web file and had to rename the index.htm and web design.htm to .xar in order to upload. Thanks for your help.

md
    Attached Files Attached Files

You had the page background set as a place holder for (I think) Facebook code.

You also have several place holders dotted around for meta tags and analytics. These can be entered via the Web Properties, page tab (head and body) for individual pages and Web Properties, website tab for site wide code.

Wow! I remember now trying to create a facebook line to my index page. After I removed the code everything work fine upon re-publishing my web site. I really appreciate the help Drwyd. I will also take a look at the meta tags and analytics. thanks again.

md