Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WIP - Cute Monster

Hi, again, all. I'm working on a project that's going to be an entry for a contest entitled "Cute Monsters". I'm attaching my partly-finished entry below, and I have a question: see the overdrawn line on the monster's left foot? (Which is on your right). How do I eliminate that, beyond exporting the image to PSE and using the eraser? Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dabble 001.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	87351

Default Re: WIP - Cute Monster

Hi

you could try carefully covering it with a shape the same colour as your background [white?] - perhaps a rotated rectangle might do it - or if it needs to be more precise, a freehand drawn closed shape [no outline], zoom in and use a small line width for accuracy when drawing it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi

you could try carefully covering it with a shape the same colour as your background [white?] - perhaps a rotated rectangle might do it - or if it needs to be more precise, a freehand drawn closed shape [no outline], zoom in and use a small line width for accuracy when drawing it
    The thing is, I need to save the finished image in PNG because the image is supposed to go on a t-shirt - so basically there won't be any background when I'm finished with it. The overdrawn part of the line needs to be removed completely.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You could try selecting the line and then using the shape tool select the bottom node of the line and pull it upwards you may need to use the curve handles to slightly adjust the curve.
    I like your cute monster by the way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    You could try selecting the line and then using the shape tool select the bottom node of the line and pull it upwards you may need to use the curve handles to slightly adjust the curve.
    I like your cute monster by the way!
    Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for the help! That did the trick!

Here's the revised "cute monster" with the line corrected:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dabble 001.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	87352

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

you're welcome Toonicorn, I glad I was able to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

good luck with the contest

and good to see you posting art here, rather than links, thanks
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That's a cute monster, I like it, my kid would be happy to have that on his t-shirt
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

That really is a cute monster. I can see why Franks kid would "be happy to have that on his t-shirt."
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks so much for the compliments, everybody! I'm glad you like my monster!

But now I'm having another issue. The contest crew provided t-shirt templates for us to put our images on. But the templates are available in JPG and PNG. When I open the t-shirt templates, and put my image on one of them, my nice, clear image gets digitized. Looks awful! I'm attaching the t-shirt templates so you can all take a look at them.

The way I transferred my image was to open up the image and the t-shirt templates in Photoshop Elements, select the image, and then move the image over onto one of the templates. Again, when I tried that, the image got digitized. Is there any way for me to fix that? Thanks! cutemonsters-assets-package.zip