Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jot Form

Default Jot Form

I have a number of sites I've produced with JotForm contact forms on them. It turns out that Jotform.com domain has been supended by some US Government jobsworth which means that all the users of such forms now have to replace or update each site these forms are used on as they no longer work.
    Great service JotForm.

Default Re: Jot Form

Masque,
    thanks for the heads up.
    Peter

Thank you for the timely thread. I noticed the forms were down yesterday but thought it was just site maintenance or something like that. I looked online and found the info you talked of as to what happened. Unbelievable. Even more so in that the Government could have actually shut down our sites using JotForm. Man would I have been ticked off.

Anyway, it is easy enough to fix as JotForm transferred everything to a new site( jotform.net ). Just go to your site files and change jotform.com to jotform.net in the source code and the forms work again. I know it can be time consuming if you have a ton of forms but at least it is just a simple change of .com to.net and then it all works again.

Thanks again for the heads up.

The "forums" were down, not the forms.

Google still lists jotform.com when you do a search. But you are correct gsthunder, www.jotform.net does work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The "forums" were down, not the forms.

Google still lists jotform.com when you do a search. But you are correct gsthunder, www.jotform.net does work.
    No sir, with all due respect, the FORMS were down as the entire jotform.com site/domain was shutdown. Forms running off the jotform.com domain did not work at all yesterday, nor are they working this morning, and while google may list jotform.com that site won't open. Go try and open it yourself.

http://www.myapheus.com/jotform-com-...opa-in-action/

This is an email i received from jotform today - apparently more to do with "godaddy"....

Action Required:
    JotForm Forms on Your Website

Because of a Godaddy suspension, our jotform​.​com domain is currently disabled. Since, we do not know when the issue might be resolved we recommend changing your forms from jotform.com to jotformeu.com. You can read more details in our blog.

To make sure your forms continue operating, we have created new domains. Please change your form URLs on your web site from jotform.com to jotformeu.com. Here is an example:

Before:
    http​://www​.​jotform​.​com/form/123456789

After:
    http​://www​.​jotformeu​.​com/form/123456789

You can find a more detailed how-to in our user guide.

We have created this domain name for our European users. We will keep jotformeu.com permanently. So, you will not need to change your form URLs back.

You can also use jotform.net domain. But, if your users are in Europe, we recommend using jotformeu.com. We are planning to point this domain to our servers in Germany.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    JotForm Team
    http://www.jotform.net/contact
    Twitter: @JotForm

Yesterday they where very secret about the reason hinting that the government had shut them down without no warning due to a phishing script. They have two domains set up for US: www.jotformpro.com (if you're a pro user) and www.jotform.net (free).
    I have close to 30 forms that I had to change :-(
    They did offer to help and a compensation.

Tom

No sir, with all due respect, the FORMS were down as the entire jotform.com site/domain was shutdown. Forms running off the jotform.com domain did not work at all yesterday, nor are they working this morning, and while google may list jotform.com that site won't open. Go try and open it yourself.
    Never mind.

OK - here is the email I received -

Because of a Godaddy suspension, our jotform​.​com domain is currently disabled. Since, we do not know when the issue might be resolved we recommend changing your forms from jotform.com to jotform.us. You can read more details in our blog.

To make sure your forms continue operating, we have created new domains. Please change your form URLs on your web site from jotform.com to jotform.us. Here is an example:

Before:
    http​://www​.​jotform​.​com/form/123456789

After:
    http​://www​.​jotform​.​us/form/123456789

You can find a more detailed how-to in our user guide.

We have created this domain name for our users in United States. We will keep jotform.us permanently. So, you will NOT need to change your form URLs back.

You can also use jotform.net domain. But, if your users are in United States, we recommend using jotform.us.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    JotForm Team
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

I got the e-mail saying to swap to jotform.us as well. So I got to do it all yet again as I had swapped them all to jotform.net earlier. Yeah for me.