Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can someone PLEASE help me with a logo...PLEASE!!

Hi,

I have been trying to make a simple logo for literally hours upon hours and I can't seem to do it! I know what I want it to look like, but when I try to make it it looks like something a 3 year old made! The name is Absolute Construction, I wanted to make the A part of the logo, like a triange with a cutout out of a house with smoke coming out of the chimney, the A being an upside down V with a chimney or even a couple upside down Vs in different shades of blue and or dark gray. Simple, huh? Not for me...at all. When I started I was trying to somehow get the C in there too, but I quickly gave up on that idea...I think my laptop would have been tossed against the wall if I hadn't because with the A alone I am almost at that point! I'm sure all of you can create it in 2 seconds with your eyes closed...that's why I am begging for your help!! Any help, ideas or suggestions I will greatly appreciate and be forever grateful!!! Thanks in advance for your kindness!!

Lauren

Default Re: Can someone PLEASE help me with a logo...PLEASE!!

Welcome to TalkGraphics

What program are you using? Sounds simple enough.

Thank You...glad to be here! I have Adobe Illustrator CS5 and I was just playing around with FatPaint...I believe that was what it was called. I have finally come to the sad realization that I am indeed "Graphically Challenged" and I have a new found admiration for all of you Graphic Designers...that stuff is hard and might I add quite addicting! Anyway, that is the program...I'm thinking I need the program for dummie's, is there one?

As you have Illy, post the file you are working on and one of us that also has Illustrator can help you work through what you need to do. A scan or picture of what you want to end up with would be good also.

Take care, Mike

We're mostly Xara users here.

Maybe one of the members can create a logo as a PDF file which you can open in Illustrator.

But you should expect to pay for the design. We frown on giving work away.

I created a series of articles a million years ago called Logos for the Design Challenged. The series is still on the Unleashed.com website http://www.unleash.com/gary/logo/ Maybe you can get some ideas there.

i'm stunned somebody who is a self-confessed newbie goes out and buys a product like illusblahblah cs5
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hmm isn`t Adobe Illustrator CS5 a program for dummies?
    That is why I bought the Xara products, I was smart
    enough to see that it was way easier to work with then
    illustrator etc. .

I could have worked hard, but I choose to work smart.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

You're not technically "graphically challenged". You just haven't spent the time yet in learning the more advanced skills. I suggest that you look through more tutorials or even get a friend to coach you. As of now, I don't think you'll be able to make the perfect logo with the skills you have.