Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Internal error when trying to preview/export/publish web page or website.

Hi all, I am very new to building web pages. I have xara web designer 7 and I find it very easy to use but when I try to preview/export or publish the page, it just pops up with 'Internal error'. I have looked everywhere for a solution with no success.

Please help.
    Matt

Default Re: Internal error when trying to preview/export/publish web page or website.

Please attach your .web file so we can try it.
    John.

Default Re: Internal error when trying to preview/export/publish web page or website.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    Please attach your .web file so we can try it.
    Thanks John. I hope I have attached it properly. I have only done a small amount on this page and I realised that there was a problem when I tried to preview it, so I stopped working on it and am trying to fix the 'Internal error" problem.

Thanks
    Matthew
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have tried your design and exported successfully here. So some more questions.
    Does the problem occur only with this design? Can you preview anything else correctly?
    Tell us what revision of WD7 do you have (main menu "Help / About Xara Web Designer").
    John.

I have tried your design and exported successfully here. So some more questions.
    Does the problem occur only with this design? Can you preview anything else correctly?
    Tell us what revision of WD7 do you have (main menu "Help / About Xara Web Designer").
    Oh really? I'm running xara wd 7.0.4.16614 on windows 7 (32). I have tried a couple of templates and blank designs and nothing will export/ preview/publish. If I have the FTP settings wrong ( which I'm sure I don't) it would say something other than internal error wouldn't it???
    Matt

Ok. Try to update your program. Main menu, "Help / Update program". There were some bugs fixed, that resulted in internal error you are experiencing.
    And yes, this has nothing to do with your FTP settings whatsoever.
    John.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

No problems here either.

One thing to try is this. Close the program.

Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

You only have to do this once and it will either help or it will not. But often it does help.

Ok. Try to update your program. Main menu, "Help / Update program". There were some bugs fixed, that resulted in internal error you are experiencing.
    And yes, this has nothing to do with your FTP settings whatsoever.
    Thanks for your help guys, I updated to the latest version and it seems to be working as I can preview my page. I have tried to publish to my webspace but when i go to my www. its still not there. Am I missing something??

Matt

Check that you have published to the correct sub-folder as specified by your web host. The sub-folder path needs to be entered into Web Properties - Publish tab.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Check that you have published to the correct sub-folder as specified by your web host. The sub-folder path needs to be entered into Web Properties - Publish tab.
    Wow you guys are good. Thanks again. /public_HTML as the sub folder was the key !!!
    Matt