Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default February 2012 Animation Tutorial Closed Captioning - Call for Translations

The February 2012 Bouncing Ball Animation Tutorial now has English Closed Captioning on both XaraXone and YouTube.

Additionally the XaraXone video player can now offer a choice of captioning languages IF translations are available. If you click on the CC button that overlays the January 2012 tutorial, for example a menu offers English or French.

It would be a great benefit to the community if the XaraXone videos could be translated into as many languages as possible.

So, if any Xaraist out there would like to contribute a translation, please download the attached time coded English file. The file extension is .txt but it is actually in the text based .srt file format needed to display captions.

Use a plain text editor to replace the English with the new language.

Translations do not have to be word-for-word - what we are looking for is a translation that accurately presents the steps, the meaning, but is phrased naturally for the new language. It also has to fit on the screen, so try to keep phrases short if possible.

You can post your translations here and I will get them installed in the XaraXone player and on YouTube.

If you would like to try your hand at translating, please post here and tell us what language you will provide. If more than one person wants to translate a given language then those folks could work together, splinting up the job and proofing each other.

English-2012-Tutorial.txt
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: February 2012 Animation Tutorial Closed Captioning - Call for Translations

Downloaded and working on the French translation
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: February 2012 Animation Tutorial Closed Captioning - Call for Translations

Thanks, Frank!

Bigly!

Let's go find and wake up Javier now, ¿ si ?

—g