Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Klaus, I also forgot one thing.

Community of enthusiastic, happy and satisfied users

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

SPEED
    Transparecies
    Editing

Go to Illustrator CS and try the same things that you can do in XaraX and look what happens. You spend months trying to learn the same things that you can do in X.

Go to Freehand and try the gradients and transparecies that you quickly acieve in XaraX and what happens? You spend days on what you can achieve in minutes in XaraX.

Things are not that good when you try and take it to the printers. In Xara you spend days taking it from one software package to another when in Illustrator you spend seconds on it. You try work arounds to delete or nor use the bevel, transparencies or shadows. These are all the bits you think XaraX takes it above the competition only to find that these bits cause you problems. I do not think that Jens has the solution with printing because he has not. Even using his recommended software it is a pain to get the quality that you want from XaraX and it is a hassel taking your work to the printers.

However most of my work is for the web so XaraX is the first package I use. This means even when I am doing some work with Flash I really plan my drawings out so that Freehand is the last vectotr tool that I use so much so that I will use Illustrator before FH MX.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hi Anthony,

If I had to pick just one thing that puts Xara X head and sholders above the rest. I would have to say "speed"...

Speed in loading...
    Speed in drawing...
    Speed in saving...
    speed in output...
    Speed in learning...

Matter of fact, if you what a name for xara X...

Call it "Speed Art", in the same light as "Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freedhand, paint ad nauseum...

Xara X is the closest the art community has to a limitless program.

http://www.draginet.com/dragon.gif
    John/DOT
    John/DOT

Hi Anthony,

Intuitive interface, would be the first in my opinion.

Within minutes of downloading the public beta, I was drawing objects that looked as I wanted them. I had tried Corel Draw several years before and gave up on it within a few days.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That you can re-create the Mona Lisa from scratch with it, if you are of that mind, and make ABSOLUTELY ANY KIND OF GRAPHIC IN THE UNIVERSE as well.

I have a bunch of graphix programmes for special occasions or one-offs, but Xara is (as CorelXara was before it) my absolute workhorse, the mainstay of all my graphix work, and that spans from book cover designs to web designs, things that go on T-Shirts, highest quality diagrams for technical manuals, company logos and all the rest of it.

Can't live without it ... don't want to live without it!

:-)

StarFields

Visit The Sidereus Foundation
    http://sidereus.org
    Coming soon ... Pertineri Market!

Nothing much here I can add. Everyone has already mentioned the features of Xara that appeal to me.

My question is, why do you ask? Please don't be offended, I'm just curious.

Sheff
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Ease of use and SPEED is absolutly the most important advantages, compared to
    any other vector based program it's in another leage...

Regards / Roland Aalto

Thank you for your responses everyone.

I should give a bit of info why I asked. It's for no particular reason, but I just wanted to gauge what you all thought.

Obviously working for Xara I know the benefits, and using Xara X myself I have my own opinions. But at the end of the day, you are the people that matter, and your opinions count. So this was like a barometer, I wanted to see what were your main thoughts, how you ranked the benefits etc.

I'm working on marketing/support-related materials for Xara X at the moment. If I would like to quote any of you specifically, I will ask your permissions privately of course. I'm looking forward to the release; you're all so dedicated it'll be nice when you can get your hands on it. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Any further thoughts from anyone are still welcome, I will carry on reading and absorbing.

Many thanks.

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.