Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My Latest Xara Creation

Here is the most comprehensive site I ever built using Xara. I use just about every tool in the box. I don't mind critique! http://www.bazilpub.com/

Default Re: My Latest Xara Creation

I like what you have done and there is a lot of information.

I would center the navigation buttons (my own preference for symmetry and order). And change the color of the buttons to coordinate with the other predominant colors on the site.

I don't like the Enter arrow. It looks hokey. That's why you have navigation buttons.

And for my simple mind, there is too much going on, on the page. I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at.

Consider. What is the purpose of the site and what do visitors want from the site?

My guess is to see the menu, to know what drinks are offered, to see that the pub looks like, to find out the hours of operation, and to get directions.

Make this content easy for the visitor to find.

Hi GW, thank you for your review, I am very grateful you took the time to look as I know you know what you are on about! I know the site is 'busy' and appreciate your response as I thought that myself. I think I am trying to use too many tools and effects instead of concentrating on being specific with content. At least the client is happy, but I will work with him and tone down the amount of info and navigation.
    Maybe when I have finished playing with all the 'toys' I can start building sharper websites that focus more on the clients services.
    Thanks again.

wow you really have used all the tools on there, although I would never have so much going on in a page personally. Very good use of the gallery, really shows a fun place I may want to visit, perhaps have some of these pics on the home page as well.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

How do you get back to the Home Page from the Olde Town page without having to click on the Bars link?