Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Quite a few friends (including myself) have been sending flash mails using Outlook Express for a while now. With my new computer at work (Outlook 2002) I now get a pop-up box about an "Active X control on this page is not safe"
    Does anyone know how to change the security setting in Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 to allow flash files to be displayed in html mail?
    Thank you for your help in advance......
    -Diezel
    dzl2000@hotmail.com
    IP

Quite a few friends (including myself) have been sending flash mails using Outlook Express for a while now. With my new computer at work (Outlook 2002) I now get a pop-up box about an "Active X control on this page is not safe"
    Does anyone know how to change the security setting in Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 to allow flash files to be displayed in html mail?
    Thank you for your help in advance......
    -Diezel
    dzl2000@hotmail.com
    IP

go to tools>options and choose the security tab
    set the security level to allow the activeX controls to be displayed (and/or scripted). you may need to set a custom level for this. i'm sure i don't need to tell you all the caveats for doing this, however...stuff like security issues, etc. but that should do it!

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

But what if Microsoft takes a different route and simply removes from Windows the offending code? That would be unthinkable even months ago. It would require the removal of Java and the abandonment of APPLET and EMBED tags from future versions of Windows. It would require the adoption of an entirely new architecture for modular programs using XML. It would require .NET.

The test of this theory is, of course, Microsoft abandoning EMBED.
    Then, on August 10th, came a note from Apple engineering staff to the QuickTime VR mailing list saying that "IE 5.5 SP2 [for Windows] will not use the QuickTime plug-in no matter what you do. Microsoft has disabled all 'Netscape style' plug-ins, there is nothing you can do. Look for information from us about how work around this problem in the near future."

Goodbye EMBED.
    The entire article is here:
    The Pulpit News
    IP

I regret to confirm this.
    I was able to view Photoshop .psd files in IE using Quick Time plug-in.

Yesterday I have "upgraded" to IE SP2. After I read your message I decided to check it out. Now when I try viewing .psd in IE it launches Photoshop.
    IP