Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Guys,

I've been following the group for quite a while now and really have picked up a lot of great info here.

However, I've got an irritation that I've not seen addressed before. I've written to XARA and never got a suitable answer. I'm an "occational" XARA user maybe once or twice a week, but about every 3-4 weeks XARA asks me for my serial number at start up. Once I enter it everything is great for about another month. I'm using the CD version 1.0d on WIN ME. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this the way it's supposed to work. When I asked XARA about this, they asked me what my serial number was and then I never got another response after that.

BTW, this has been going on since last Nov.

Thanks,

David Wilkinson

Hi Guys,

I've been following the group for quite a while now and really have picked up a lot of great info here.

However, I've got an irritation that I've not seen addressed before. I've written to XARA and never got a suitable answer. I'm an "occational" XARA user maybe once or twice a week, but about every 3-4 weeks XARA asks me for my serial number at start up. Once I enter it everything is great for about another month. I'm using the CD version 1.0d on WIN ME. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this the way it's supposed to work. When I asked XARA about this, they asked me what my serial number was and then I never got another response after that.

BTW, this has been going on since last Nov.

Thanks,

David Wilkinson

Hmmm .... that's very odd. The only thing that comes to mind (and this is a total guess) is to make sure the date and time are set right on your computer. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems I've read somewhere that the wrong date can cause problems.

Other than that have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling again after.

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg

Default Re: Stubborn Serial Number

Could it have anything to do with running Windows 7?
    Have you solved this yet?
    Have a look at my post where I found a problem with serial number then solved it:
    look for post: solution to serial number being constantly requested at start of program

Default Re: Stubborn Serial Number

It is very unlikely Windows 7 had anything to do with the problem mentioned in this thread. All the posts before your own were made in 2002 when Windows XP was the current version. David Wilkerson mentions that he was using Windows ME.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update