Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alex, I hope you brought the fire hose.

"It's interesting to see how hilarious this forum is turning.

But please WITHOUT me."

If you can't be civil, that's ok with me. Take your giant ("I belong to the skilled elite...") ego and go.

Alex asked for open discussion so all types of responses will be flowing here. So, even though they may "get to you", take them with a grain of salt ... especially since the topic involves the livelihood of some people.

I see this as an opportunity to educate ourselves on the subject matter.

For what its worth, I know Jens personally, and he has freely assisted me with "lowly" tasks which someone with a high ego would not touch with a 20' pole. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Not really turning on the flamethrower. What Jay had to say about the subject was insightful and useful input. I've seen Jay's work and he is an excellent designer. (and I mean that, it is excellent work. I can only hope to approach the level of his skills.) It's the arrogant little snipes that got to me and made me break my, "if you can't say anything nice..." rule.

This forum's strength is the fact that there are all skill levels involved and contributing in a friendly, helpful manner. From pedestrian (like mine) to the very skilled and experienced (like Jay).

'nuff said by me. (Apologies to Alex, for not contributing anything useful to the subject he started.)

I don't use linux and don't really care for it.

Open source is a good learning tool, but never think open source & free == "the best"
    -- says gvsu_snow_lord via Slashdot. As to weather he had sex before or after he said it is unknown.
    creativesuperhero.ca