Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I don't know how to change stroke width anymore

I see the behavior you describe with the open object, Sandy. XDP sees it as a line rather than a shape, although that still doesn't explain the behavior.

What graphics card are you running, and are your drivers up to date? Years ago, I had a lot of trouble with phantom lines appearing to close shapes in high magnification. AIR, it was a graphics card issue.

Allison

Hi sandy

this a known situation - often quoted as a means of forcing the filling of unclosed shapes, which xara does not actually support

you will find that the closing line is not rendered up to 400% zoom, but is rendered from 401% zoom onwards

a description of how to achieve this is given in eric's first video here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...601#post428601
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This has been an interesting thread. I worked on the issue yesterday for some time but didn't find a solution. I had thought about asking how the shape was created to give it this peculiar behavior. So I am glad to see someone has figured it out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'd still like to know whether the steps given in Eric's video are similar to what Sandy did to create the shape.

Red face Re: I don't know how to change stroke width anymore

I'm not completely sure, but when creating the "Filled open object.xar" I did not use "Join Shapes" or "Break Shapes", at least not by purpose. I was doing it more like I created the "lazy line.xar" and "lazy line 2.xar", with the Text Tool, Shape editor and smoothing mainly. The "lazy line" files and their problem description are in the thread "Problem with changing two points".

Sorry, it's a bit mixed up.

PS: Both the "weird.xar" (stroke width problem) and the "filled unclosed object.xar" I cannot reproduce. But PhilM knows how the stroke width issue came.
    Last edited by sandy673; 08 February 2012 at 04:27 PM.

That's what I thought. Thanks, Sandy.