Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Insert Excel sheet in site page

I required a option to insert excel sheet viewer in Xara Web design.

Default Re: Insert Excel sheet in site page

Hi Kiran

This is achievable but it depends on what you want to achieve!

There are some OCX viewers but I am not sure whether these will work if the visitor has a Mac or a Linux box. And if your site is hosted on Linux you may have a further challenge.

If you want to share data and/or charts with visitors, and these are infrequently updated you can try:

1. You can simply copy from Excel and paste in Xara Designer Pro. Not sure about other versions.
    2. In Excel 2010 you can save a worksheet as an HTML page and even set Excel to republish automatically every time you save the file. The HTML is a bit busy but it works.
    3. Not sure about your budget but Dreamweaver CS5 does a good job of taking a paste - the data is converted to an HTML table and the chart as a PNG image
    4. The SpreadsheetConverter from http://www.exceleverywhere.com/ looks quite neat and gives you a more active solution

If the data is frequently updated then I would consider going the database route.

Perhaps someone else has better ideas.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

how to go into database route in xara

You can't really. There are loads of other programmes with a bit of learning you could use do a search for CMS and have a look. Xara is not an html editor think of it as a DTP which has a good html export filter.
    Design is thinking made visual.