Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Altering logo font and colours

HI there

I am building a site for a client, and as such they empoyed the services of a graphic designer to design a company logo. Well the client has chosen one of the logos but the colours do not fit in as well with the sit layout as one would desire. I apporoached the graphic designer to rquest changes for the client, but they sent me the files and said I can modify them in Photoshop. The trouble is, I don't use PS. I wondered whether anyone could advise on how to make the appropriate changes using Xara? I did try to highlight the text but I think it may all be part of an object with the razor. I wanted to converrt the larger text to white and export everything from a dark background so it doesn't have the white jagged edge you would see from a white background.

I just tried toupload th eps but it is 800kb... any suggestions please?
    Link is http://www.orange-house.co.uk/Master...0for%20web.eps
    Last edited by AndyD; 31 January 2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Adding link to file.

Default Re: Altering logo font and colours

Without seeing the logo, it's difficult for me to suggest anything.
    Depending upon the complexity of the logo, it might be worth just redrawing it in Xara.
    Then you can do whatever you want with it - change colours, resize etc...

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Hi Andy, Attached is a .pdf file of the original .eps. You should be able to import it into Xara and work on the colours from there.
    Bob.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Bob,

That worked like a dream. Not awarrer of all the wizardry Xara has under the bonnet, is it possible to export as a pdf? How did you do it?

Cheers, many thanks
    Andy

I downloaded the .eps file and opened it in Illustrator, then saved it as a .pdf file. It might be possible to miss out Illustrator and import the .eps file directly into Xara. Have a go at that and you can then do it again for yourself in future. Yes you can export it yourself as a .pdf. Use the settings at 300 dpi for commercial printing when you are prompted by Xara. Glad it all worked out well for you.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

It opened just fine for me in Xara and I could change the colors. If that helps.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The .EPS file was produced by Illustrator CS5 so unless you have access to that version it won't open. Don't know how you got the EPS file to open in Xara or was it the PDF that you opened. If I was in Andy's shoes I would use the razor and try and find the same font that was used in "Master Shave" and redo the logo so that the file is more editable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mastershave-Logo.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	87074  
    Design is thinking made visual.

]Hi Andy,
    I dragged the file directly into Designer pro 7, un-grouped a couple of times and everything was editable.
    Here is the file. I just placed a locked layer behind it to show the lower logos colours.
    [ATTACH]87075[/ATTACH

Hope this helps,
    Peter
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Deltapete; 01 February 2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added xar file

I just downloaded from AndyD link and opened with Xara Designer Pro 7.1 and it the eps worked fine.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wouldn't work for me or in Illy CS3!
    Design is thinking made visual.