Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fractal Problem

Default Fractal Problem

Larry as you can see looking at the images, the fractal fill dis-places when I try to zoom in, if you go higher than 200% then you do see what appear to be tape. In image 13 you can see that I zoomed back to 100% but this time the fractal fill stayed dis-placed, I had to drag it a little and then click undo and it jumped into place? The transparency does not appear to dis-place.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	86911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	86912  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	86913  

Default Re: Fractal Problem

Thanks Stygg. I want to work on this for awhile and see if I can figure out anything, Maybe someone will jump in with the answer. What fractal did you use? I am wondering if there is some sort of anomaly with the fractal itself. When I zoom in it looks like the same one that everyone else is using so that probably isn't the problem. I wonder if anyone else has encountered that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have been playing around with fractals quite a bit lately, I think it may be a memory issue but I'm not sure. I have had this happen sometimes. The only solution I have come up with so far is to create a rectangular section of your fractal texture, create a bitmap copy and use the bitmap to mold and clip in your drawing.

I also think this should be in the Xara Graphics Chat forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Larry the fractal I used was a fractal plasma 666 dpi-30FS

Stygg

I get that a lot too. Especially when the file size gets big and complicated. Sometimes it helps to save the file with a new file name and continue with that.
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

Thanks for that Mike, I'll give that a try.

Stygg

I am pleased to see others jump in and offer their help on this problem.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I am always glad to put in my 2cents worth! and a tip for creating a bitmap of your fractal texture if you are wanting to have a high res image for printing, you can use Bill Taylor's XaReg to set Xara to create a bitmap copy up to 1200 pixels! One more tidbit I also found that sometimes using the mold tool results in jagged textures but by using an old standby, the enhance live effect to add a bit of blurring makes all the difference in the world!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Thanks for those tips Frances, the problem I posted is just relating to the fractal plasma, I do'nt get the problem with fractal clouds oddly enough. The box drawing consisted of just fractal plasma and a linear stained glass transparency on each section of the box, maybe like you said a Ram problem, will check that out. :confused

Stygg

I thought that maybe you were trying to replicate my cardboard texture from the Xara Xone tutorial thread, and just a hint if you are, my texture consists of more than one layer!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]