Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing button size

i am playing with the trial version of DP7 - i have been using Xara for years and i always change the button size to small to get the most out of my screen real estate... since i am working on a laptop, this is actually pretty critical.

but... all the buttons relating to size in the Control Bars Dialogue box are greyed out... to wit:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5417/32567232.png

'sup wit dat?

georg

and.... why does this board no longer display images but only links????

Default Re: changing button size

Hi Georg, welcome to Talkgraphics.

The dark UI only supports large buttons on the control bars.

To get back to the original UI you can use Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S. This will also reset any custom control bars you have setup so only do this of you are prepared to recreate those custom control bars.

After use the key sequence close DP7 then reopen the app. Now the status line should also reflect the original UI and the Control Bars dialog buttons for size will also be enabled.

You should also be aware that Xara management may decide to drop support for switching the UI between dark and the original in a future version. That would be a terrible choice in my not so humble opinion but that has already been beaten to death in the past.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

ah, thanks Bill....

i like the new UI... but i gotta have small buttons, so i guess i would stick with the old one. I cannot see that much has changed as drawing tool, so i dunno if it is worth upgrading, but i will continue to play with it.

btw, i am not actually a newbie.... i could not seem to login using my original ID (GeoBen) so i created a new one. if that is a violation of some rule, my apologies - please feel free to delete the old one. i use this one for my ott woiks, so i might as well keep it.

again, thanks,
    georg

No violation that I am aware of Georg. If it is one of the moderators will let us know, I'm sure.

I had been wondering where GeoBen was since it has been a year ago today since your last visit to the forums.

Welcome Back.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I would like to ask for small buttons as well, it does take up alot of space when you have rulers as well. I do like
    the dark interface but really need the space.