Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Finishing a project/adding frame

What is the best way to complete a project with Xara? I have my canvas, and also a white background behind my canvas. What do I do this this extra white background? In other graphic software, there is a merge all or something like that to do before you save.

I decided on my last tut to check out adding a Xara frame. The screen shot below shows what happened when I did. What are the numbers? I didn't know so I just took it to my PSP software and cropped it out.

Thanks, pslane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara6.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	86863  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Finishing a project/adding frame

Hi Pauline, it's really hard to tell what might be happening from your jpeg. But if you don't have a text box there you shouldn't have numbers showing up. are the numbers showing in your .xar file? or just the jpeg? If you don't have an errant text box can you post your .xar and my self or some one else will have a look and see if we can help you.

You can marquee select your drawing by clicking and dragging with the selector tool and then export as jpeg or png if you wish to have it in one of those formats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi,
    If you select 'objects' on a page that have a shadow and have anything in close proximity and export as JPG anything close will be included in the image due to the shadow. If you select the Objects to export and export as png then that is what you get out-put the objects and shadow.
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Can I post a xar screen shot on here? I believe this number thing happened when I added the frame. If I move my canvas, the numbers move with it. I can't get a marqee around it because dragging moves the whole canvas.

if you hold down shift and then click and drag marquee select that should stop it moving the canvas - alternatively you can use page and layer gallery to invidually lock the canvas object so it does not move
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think I've got it! It seems that I had grouped it at the wrong time and the white background was grouped with my canvas. I ungrouped it a couple of times and the background with numbers is not connected to it now.

Thanks Frances, Scotty and Steve.