Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Seriously confused

I design craft sheets for people to download and print

I love xara and have used it for many years It is my main software except for the occasional use of serif craft artist.

The website i design for requires the jpg of the craft sheet to be uploaded with a size of 1176x1664 at 150dpi for a4 printing.

I have for almost 2 years now been designing a page size of 1176x1664 and then exporting at 150dpi which gives the pixel size as larger and then i have to resize in xnview.

why can i not export it at 150dpi - 1176x1664

thanks in advance for replies

Default Re: Seriously confused

Your not alone at being confused. I don't use Xara for much bitmap work. But it appears to be solely based upon 96 dpi.

How much do you like math? I don't mind as long as I have a calculator handy. If you want something 1176 px by 1664 px *and* at 150 dopi you have to do the math.

In your case, make the page 752.64 px by 1064.96 px (which is 96 dpi divided by 150 dpi). The do the design, export using the Export... process, not the Export JPEG menu selection.

Once in the export dialog, switch to the Bitmap size tab. Only change the DPI to 150. You should now have a JPG file that meets both the dimensional and DPI requirements.

Take care, Mike

thank you for the reply mike thats great i will try it this evening

i thought there had to be a way like that to do it

thank yoooou again

thank yooooou ever so much it works perfectly phew now i can get 10 times the amount of work done

You are very welcome.

Do note that whether you design at 100% pixel size and export at 96 dpi or the above really doesn't matter. But there will be more on this issue at a later time...

Take care, Mike