Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro 7 as Xtreme Pro 5?

Hi all. I'm still crazy about Xtreme Pro 5. The way it behaves, looks and feels. OK, not necessarily the dark vs light GUI, but talking more about the way tools behave.

I've been trying for 6 months now to get myself used to the way Designer Pro 7 works, but I guess 15+ years of experience in one style is hard to change: creates a deep habit.

So, I was wondering. Is there a chance to make Designer Pro 7 work (tools) like Xtreme Pro 5 was? Examples: when drawing shapes, to do it as outline, rather than semi-transparent shape I'm creating (square, circle)? When using pen (freehand line) to have it work like in Pro 5: regardless of selected line thickness, to draw it as a guideline/outline until i release mouse button? Also, not to "smooth" it along while I'm drawing, as it's distracting my attention to the path behind the pen, but to keep it way I drew, until I release mouse button, then it can smooth/not-smooth line according to smoothness settings?

Basically, those two things make it really hard for me to switch (along with so bad default organization of menus/interface, but 20 mins of customization and they're done). Any chances to make it work like I'm used to, I know I might be old-school, but still....

Thanks!

Default Re: Designer Pro 7 as Xtreme Pro 5?

You have to turn "live drag" off (bottom right corner).

There is one disadvantage: "Magic snap" only works when "live drag" is turned on.

Name:  livedrag.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  5.8 KB

Thanks! I can't believe I didn't even notice that until now. Guess that's happens when you take bottom-right corner for granted, as coordinate only thing. This is awesome, with this tweak Designer Pro 7 is just BEAUTIFUL

As a last question, does anyone know how to turn outline color to be default to ie. black (instead of transparent) when selecting shapes tool for the first time in new document? I know I can right-click desired color after opening new document, but can it be defaulted somehow so I don't have to do it? Just a thing of habit, but probably can live with that if no tweak possible?

Quote Originally Posted by misipile View Post
    does anyone know how to turn outline color to be default to ie. black (instead of transparent) when selecting shapes tool for the first time in new document?
    Turn on GNOMRA (Utilities | Options | General tab | Give new objects most recent attributes). Create a shape with a black outline, then save the document as a template.