Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Default Re: The January 2012 Tutorial Discussion

Your dead right, I did miss a triangle out I thought I was getting forgetful so went to the Docs., he said don't worry about it, it's a new syndrome called twitching triangles and feather my shadows, caused by looking at to many poly-deca. shapes, just keep taking the G.B. medicine and you'll be ok in a few days

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Missing triangle.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	86772  

Hah!

Cosmically, the omission really was trivial, Stygg. That is to say, your design stood up to the eye for aesthetic, if not technical (nit-picky) merits, as it was.

Next month, I'm going to ask you all to draw a non-sided polyhedron. You might want to buy a book on metaphysics as your guide. I did write one, and it's really good, but it's not for sale in this dimension.

My Best,
    —Gary

Cheers Gary, I'll see if the Time Lords can get me a copy. It's good to see there is a sense of humour in the zone, it makes life so easier.

Stygg

I have to find time to do a dodecathingamujig, you guys are all impressing me with your variety and imagination
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Stygg,

I happened to notice it, though it took a few looks before it twigged. I agree with Gary on this that it is trivial as it 'looks' right and doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the feel of the drawing. My nitpicky self just reared it's ugly head is all. To be honest, I can't do this stuff near 1/2 as well as almost everyone on this site.....and I certainly appreciate the efforts I see because of that fact.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Here, I'll simplify this tutorial so that an 8-year old will immediately "get it".

This is Mr. Icosa Head. He works at a bank, which partially explains the ugly suit. In the morning...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr-Icosa-Head.psd.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	86779

Name:  me pyramid.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  2.3 KB

—Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi Stygg,

I happened to notice it, though it took a few looks before it twigged. I agree with Gary on this that it is trivial as it 'looks' right and doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the feel of the drawing. My nitpicky self just reared it's ugly head is all. To be honest, I can't do this stuff near 1/2 as well as almost everyone on this site.....and I certainly appreciate the efforts I see because of that fact.
    No problem what so ever Ed, I'm glad you did notice it so I could put it right, after all that's what posting is for, feed back of all kind and your so called nitpicky was not an ugly head but something you noticed and quite rightly brought it to my attension.

Cheers for that Ed,
    Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    To be honest, I can't do this stuff near 1/2 as well as almost everyone on this site.
    Get stuck in Ed, you might be surprised at what you can achieve, I most certainly was

Gary, you have succeeded in your mission to educate and inspire.

Looking forward to the next "toot"

Oh, I only made the bomb, I didn't drop it, Drwyd.

All I've done is set a tone. If no one followed it, we'd have the same forum as many others.

Who has posted the most work here? Not me.

Who have engaged others with praise and accurate critiques? Not me, not always.

Give yourselves a big hand for helping to build an intellectually mature, positive, helpful place to come to share, teach, and learn.

I couldn't be happier about this seed I had, that's taking root through everyone else's nurturing.

—Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Very well said Gary! When all members of the community work together with each other the community flourishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.