Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet peeve

Default Re: Pet peeve

I think you'll find that it's ICQ's spyware that has done that, nothing to do with Firefox at all. Go to Tools > Add-Ons to uninstall all search bars from Firefox and then use Malwarebytes to remove a lot of unwanted crap from your PC. It's not the definitive answer, but it will help.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    I use Firefox, if you go to view/bars you can close the unwanted bar.
    what angers me is the ICQ search that Firefox tries to force down your throat. I delete it as a search engine, and next time I open FF it's there in my face again.
    That really sounds like an ICQ issue rather than a Firefox issue! Go into addons and remove it, I'd say.

Edit: the danger of multiple pages of posts... see beretgascon already covered this.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

I always say "no, no, no" to all the questions that installers ask me to ensure that I only have what I really want on my machine.

Windows 7 has an option to hide all the icons on your desktop. Right-click on the background, go to the View menu and untick "Show desktop icons" (and "Show desktop gadgets" if you want). Then keep the apps that you use regularly pinned to the Start menu and the Task bar and keep useful files and folders pinned to the relevent app icon menus. I find that that creates a wonderfully clean and controlled working environment - very refreshing after years of cluttered desktops!

Phil

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Thanks guys, I uninstalled ICQ. Since I never installed it I never realized I could get rid of it.

Judi

one I have just been reminded of - software companies that issue pdf manuals that do not contain 'normal text' so you can't use 'find'
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 January 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...