Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Brushes

Default Brushes

Okay, I have a dumb question (as most newbies do, lol). You know how you always see blogs and forums where people make custom brushes for Photoshop (e.g., http://www.noupe.com/photoshop/50-ne...h-packs.html)? Would those brushes work with Xara? Or, are there folks who are making custom brushes specifically for Xara graphics products? Where do I find those?

Default Re: Brushes

Hi Fuss, that is not a dumb question.

Photoshop brushes are very different from Xara Brushes so they will not work within a Xara application.

As for Xara brushes you can find then here at TG in the Other Xara forums > Xara Resources > Xara Brushes

Here is a direct link: http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdis...2-Xara-Brushes

You can also find Xara Brushes on the Xara Xone.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Fabulous! Thank you so much!

Which brings up a similar question to the one I had about custom lines: Can these brushes be stored in the brush library (or whatever they call it) so that you don't have to reinstall every cotton-picking time you need them (lol)?

Best to not put the .xar files in the Brushes folder as it is parsed at program startup and if there are too many files in that library it can cause issue with how to program performs.

Create your own folder to save you brush files then open one when you wish to use the brush in a new project. When the file containing a custom brush is among the open files the brush is usable in other projects. Once you use the brush in a new project you can close the original brush file. Save your new project and the brush will still be there when you reopen the new project at a later date.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sounds good. Thanks so much!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

While photoshop brushes can't be used in Xara as is, there is a free utility you can use to convert a photoshop brush to a .png with alpha transparency. abrMate is available from TextureMate.com These pngs can be used in different ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Awesome! Thank you