Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Take 2

This one is a lot better.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Submarine.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	11594  

This one is a lot better.

Stu.

Ditto on being better. What software are you using?

Hi Randy.

I am using Cinema 4d art and Photoshop 6 and when I get a replacement Bodypaint cd that as well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I find Photoshop enables me to experiment with the Cinema color settings and add some texture and bring out the image a bit better.What I do is do a render of the object only with none or standard lighting for an alpha channel,and then I do the full render with lights and textures and the first one lets me mess around with the object to my hearts content in Photoshop by using the alpha channel,and I think any 3d program can more than benefit from Photoshop and vice versa.Personally I think its like getting the best out of every program you have and exploiting all the good bits of each one.Anohter program I am probably going to buy at some stage will be Painter 7 for its natural media effect which should make grass,foliage,trees into brilliant textures for 3d.

Personally I think that when you know modelling well enough then it comes down to textures and the better and more realistic your textures are the better your end result will be.At the moment I cant model my way out of a paper bag but with practise I think that will change in time.

Stu.

Yes, this picture is a lot better, very dramatic lighting (or lack there of). Great job

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Thanks Steve.

I am going to have another go at it yet.I have been studying pics of subs and they are anything but perfectly round below the water line,actually the ones I have seen are more oval in shape but I dont have the skills yet to make the shapes I want [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] But I will keep at it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Damn I added the wrong smily,its meant to be sad not tongue poker or whatever its called.

Stu.