Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo galleries and (non)cropping of popup images

I'd like if when you drag lots of photos onto a photo gallery there was an option to use uncropped versions for the popup images. Currently it crops images to fit thumbnails and it uses a bigger version of the cropped image for the popup. So if you drag a bunch of landscape and portrait photos onto the gallery you can end up with some severe cropping. It would be nice to have an option to use full image for popup without any cropping, just resized.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: Photo galleries and (non)cropping of popup images

Are you dropping the images onto existing thumbnail images?

If you resize the images manually, the pop-ups will be the entire image and not cropped. But if you drop the images onto existing thumbnails then the image is cropped to the thumbnail aspect.

Default Re: Photo galleries and (non)cropping of popup images

Yeah, I'm dropping them onto the existing thumbnails in one of the photo galleries from the design gallery. I tried adjusting them manually but it takes a long time when you have a lot of photos and it kinda defeats the purpose a little bit of using a ready made photo gallery. Also the popup images lose their original aspect if I resize all the thumbnails down to a uniform size. I don't mind the thumbnails being squashed a bit but ideally I'd like the popup images to maintain original aspect ratio and not be cropped. I think the only way to do this is to have thumbnails that are not uniform in size, which I was trying to avoid, but maybe it's the only way to go.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.