Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Registration vs. Activation vs. Unlocking

I am having oodles and oodles of "No Fun" attempting to install and activate (and unlock?) Web Designer 7 Premium on a SECOND MACHINE. It is my understanding that I am allowed to install Web Designer 7 Premium on UP TO 3 MACHINES. If I am wrong on this, then everyone should just ignore my babble and pretend you are not reading this :-)

Maybe my first problem (among many - just ask my shrink) is what in tarnation is the difference between Registration and Activation and Unlocking?

After I installed the s/w on the second machine, I attempted to Register it by supplying my Serial Number. It told me that this Serial Number is "already on file". Ok, I say. This tells me that I don't need to try to do the Registration when installing it on a second machine since this is already done.

But, when I follow the Register Process and hit the Activate Button, it shows good ole rootin tootin green checkmarks in my serial number field and the email field so I thinks to meeself, "Well, I guess that I have it activated as well"

But, to my dismay, when I try to download the templates it tells me that I can't do this because the product is UNLOCKED.

Do I need (as well as Registration as well as a Serial Number as well as an email Address) a %$#$%^ UNLOCK code too? If so, how in tarnation do I get one of them thar critters?

Lost in Olympia

Default Re: Registration vs. Activation vs. Unlocking

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Try this. Right click on the program icon, and select Run as Administrator. You only need to do this once, and it will either work or it won't. But it usually does.

If not, report back and we'll regroup.