Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default another tut problem

I'm doing Gary's Create a Sunflower and pot (July 2008) tutorial and just as always I run into problems combining/converting shapes. I believe I have followed the tut exactly and the only thing my lines do is taper at the bottom. Can you tell me what step is missing or needs to be applied? See screen shot.

Also, I'm using Designer 7 and there is no option for changing line width to 6 px, only 4 and 8. So I'm using 8 pxls. I tried typing in a 6 and hitting enter but it doesn't accept a 6.

Thanks,
    pslane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	86506  

Default Re: another tut problem

Should accept it ... does here
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

John's correct, there is not reason why you cannot hilight the width, change it and hit Enter to change the width (unless you forget to hit Enter).

The lines taper based on how they were drawn. The line tapers differently if you draw upward or downward.

But there should also have been a suggestion that if your lines taper in the opposite direction, to select the line, switch to the Shape (Editor) Tool, then press Reverse Paths.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reverse paths.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	86507  

Okay I see what I did. The tut says to go to the line gallery, which on the right side where I see all the galleries. So that's where I was trying to change the width. Doesn't work there if you type it in. I see by Gary's screen shot he is not in that gallery but on the top tool bar. I was able to put a "6" in that way. Wonderful! Now click on my screen shot and see if you can tell me why my lines don't separate and look like the ones in the tut. There must be a step missing or something. Thanks.......
    pslane

Yeah, that's a special feature (read bug), in the Line Gallery. It does not let you manually key in a new width, one that does not exist in the drop down menu.

It drives me nuts.