Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transition effects and popup images

Hello,

I am using Designer Pro 7 and have a couple of questions/issues that I am hoping someone can provide some advise for.

Firstly, I currently have 3 pop-up layers that are called from nav bar links. To add a bit of variety to these I have set transition effects, one to move in from the right, one from the left etc. The problem is they overlap. For example, if I click on link 1 in the nav bar the content slides in from the right ok. But, when I click on nav 2 it slides in from the left (or right depending on settings) and overwrites the content from link one slightly before the content of link 1 starts to slide back out - any way around this?

Secondly, in one of the layers I have a number of images, all which expand. The problem is that when I click on an image to viewthe larger version and then click the x to close it this triggers the closing effect on the entire layer (it slides out to the left or right), ideally this layer needs to stay open so that the images can be viewed until another link in the navbar is clicked - any ideas?

Thanks for any advise.

Andrew

Default Re: Transition effects and popup images

Hi Andrew

Is this any help ?

Link code in red
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Drwyd,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and also for creating the example.

To be honest I am not sure if it helps. The reason being is that for the second part of my question I have a transition effect on the layer which contains the gallery images. So, when I click on 'gallery' in the navbar the layer slides in ok (albeit with problems as advised in the first part of my original question) with the images on it. Then when I click on an image the popup appears on but when I click the cross to close the popup the image closes but the gallery also does a reverse slideout too, thus closing (or removing) the entire gallery layer.

Hope that makes sense!:-)

Thanks again,

Andrew

Hello Drwyd,

Have re-read your post and included the popup:"gallery" in the link instead of selecting it via the drop down. This now stops the layer from closing when I click on the cross in the expanded image popup but, now even though I select a transition type of slide in from the right from link transition in the bottom of the link window all I get is a fade in effect which then does not go when I click another link. For example, if I click about us (having used your example for the about us too) this layer fades in. When I click on 'gallery' this layer fades in too but on top of the previous 'about us' layer which means both are visible.

Thanks

Andrew

Sounds like with your design you will need to manually close the popup from the navbar as well. You will need to close all the manually opened popups before opening the new one. All your links will look like popup close "gallery", "about", "contact", "home", "this", "that", "other" open "thislayer"

Not easy to maintain

Thanks for the reply.

Luckilly this is just for a microsite of 1 page with around 4 pop layers. Just trying to figure out the best way to do it with some interactions (i.e transitions) so it isn't too
    boring. Trouble is the transitions all overlap each other which doesn't look good. I could do it in flash but wanted to try and stick with Designer. Thanks for the advise.

Andrew