Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to install only new stuff from DVD

I recently upgraded from Xtreme 5 to P and G 7 and installed the latest downloadable programme and (free) template pack. The DVD has just arrived in the post. From what I can see, installing the software (I haven't tried this) would overwrite my version by an older version. Does anyone know what's new on the DVD (particularly any fonts, graphics etc. that are not in the downloadable template pack) and how to install just those elements? Many thanks

Default Re: How to install only new stuff from DVD

You are correct that the version on the DVD might not be the latest version. However, as soon as you install (and all clip art and fonts and fills are installed unless you specify to the contrary), go to Help and click Update Program. All of the latest updates will be applied and you will have the latest version.

The download version has thumbnail images in the galleries for the fills and clip art, but you have to download these on an individual basis any time you want to use one. Not a big deal, time wise, but a small bother none-the-less.

Default Re: How to install only new stuff from DVD

Thanks. So apart from having to download fonts/fills individually in the downloaded version, am I correct that there is no new content on the disk (e.g. graphics that are not at all accessible in the downloaded version)?

Also, if I do install from the disk, then upgrade back to the latest version will I have to re-download the latest version?

I'm using a mobile broadband connection at the moment and would prefer to keep large downloads to a minimum for the next couple of days.

Thanks again.