Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 2 Color Logo Ideas

Thanks Mike for you shot of the logo, I like it. Take a look at at this site for a web photo album, I've used it for quite awhile, I think you'll like it assuming it does what you want. The free version should work fine. http://jalbum.net/en/

Thanks, laguna92651. I've bookmarked the site and will take a closer look at it Monday.

Possibly something like this. Use a envelope color that complements your logo colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InsightEnvelope.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	86516  

I hadn't thought of that good idea. In general what dpi should the file be save in?

I would recommend a 300dpi .png (True Color + Alpha). Give the attached one a try and if see how it works in the application that you plan on using to print envelopes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insight_TrueColorWithAlpha.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	86520  

Another general questions, does a soft shadow on images affect printing costs?

Well, if you apply a shadow and then zoom in on it you will notice that it is a bitmap and will pixellate if using at very large sizes. Also, it is basically a gradient, so this may well affect the number of colours used. The same applies using the feather tool too.
    You might be better advised to make a copy of the object to which you wish to apply a shadow, colour it a mid to light grey and place it behind the original object, placed slightly off from the original position. This will only add one extra colour (unless you have already used that colour for another object in your design).
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

nobody has suggested using halftones?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.